Welcome to world of Benjamin Bellwether. We strive to provide you with dynamic, timely and easy-to-use insights for your fashion business.
We have created this Vision page to share with you exactly what we are trying to achieve, and the promises we are giving to you.
- With all the places out there you can get trend information and insights into the fashion industry, we felt that a digital-focused service directed at small to medium sized businesses would be extremely helpful. Many of our insights can be used by larger businesses, but we want to make sure that any size business can find our content accessible. We want to provide the entire fashion industry with great information to make better decisions.
- We want to provide you with an easy-to-use, ad-free experience. This means that we have to charge for certain products, and we don’t always provide content without asking for your email. This also means we may use affiliate links and sponsored posts to make a little moolah that other sites fill in with ads. We would never refer you to a topics or product that we don’t believe in (most of them we actually use). We always want to improve our experience. If you have suggestions, please contact us.
- We want to say everything in words you will understand — less jargon more plain speak (the fashion industry can be confusing, but we are here to help), lots of visuals (you are a creative person, you deserve to be talked to like one), and we are always here when you have questions. Feel free to contact us with questions.
- We strive for sustainability and try to have an eco-friendly mindset. We do this by…
- Providing online content. While the use of digital technology has a footprint, we believe the access to information benefits far outweighs the negative impacts of data. We also ask that you try not to print out documents and, if you do, use recycled paper, eco-friendly inks and energy efficient devices.
- Our website domain platform is powered by wind energy, we use energy efficient devices, work from co-working spaces, and print our business cards on recycled t-shirts. As we grow, we will work towards purchasing carbon offsets for our business and find ways for our employees to volunteer and give back. We are always looking for ways to become more earth- and people-conscious. If you have a suggestion, contact us.
- We want to share information about sustainability and how you can support the planet and your customer. We have created a Sustainability Basics course, and will continue to release sustainably-minded content to support your strategies.
- We want to connect with you however you want.
- Right now, we have an Instagram, LinkedIn and a Facebook page. Feel free to reach out on those platforms and connect with us.
- You can also contact us through our online contact form.
- Need specific information or have a request for content? We are always here when you need some consulting, just check out the Consulting Page.
- Why do we use gated content (asking for your email to access an article or download)?
- It helps us figure out where our customers are coming from. This help us make content that is more specific to your interests.
- It helps us build a customer list. In order for us to be a successful and profitable company, we need to find customers. Asking you for your email address to download free content helps us do this. We will always be respectful of your time, and you can always opt-out when you feel like you don’t want to hear from us. Simply click unsubscribe at the bottom of one of our newsletters, or email us at [email protected].
- Why do we charge for some of the insights?
- We want to provide affordable insights for your business. Many services charge thousands of dollars for insights, and we want to make sure you are not breaking the bank to get information. The companies that do not charge at all often have ads on their website in order to generate revenue. At Bellwether, we don’t want to have you see a bunch of ads when you are trying to learn. So, we decided to charge a small fee per report, in order to make money and grow as a company. This will also help us stay in business for the long term. We are always seeking a balance between your accessibility to information and our profitability as a business.
Who is Benjamin Bellwether?
We are all of you…the clothing designers, textile manufacturers, buyers, merchandisers and customers… Benjamin Bellwether, the person, speaks to every product developer out there as a kind of friend, out in the market doing research for you. He is constantly adapting to your brand, learning from how you shop the market and explore our platform…a kind of algorithm or artificial intelligence but with no code…just intuition and listening.